Astute Machinery Consultants specialises in providing a highly competent, highly professional and reliable machinery safety, compliance and certification consultancy service to our clients’…
Whilst our primary aim is to help and support our clients in ensuring their machines are safe for their employees use, and compliant to all the applicable directives, standards and local regulations for the machinery they manufacture or operate - our professional approach is always focused on our clients’ ‘real’ needs and concerns - whilst simultaneously understanding the need for compliant safety solutions that allows the client to maximise production.
This approach is possible as our consultants are all engineers, are highly qualified and have many years of experience in the field of machinery safety, compliance and certification across a wide range of industry sectors.
Our consultants understand the need for machines to be able to manufacture products in the safest possible way, and our key principle is to deliver our reports in such a way that they are understood by the client.
To support this principle – “We will never deliver a report by the easiest possible means and then walk away from a client leaving them wondering what to do next…”
Our company has been set up as an ‘Independent’ provider of machinery consultancy services, without any formal ties to corporate manufacturers of safety devices or components. This independence allows us to focus on our clients ‘real needs’ without the distraction of a corporate component manufacturer governing us. It also allows us to recommend the right safety solution, for the right application, whilst still following the ‘hierarchy of control’ and all appropriate legislation.
Our operational consultants are TÜV Rhineland Certified Functional Safety Engineers, and also hold EU or national specialist accreditation and registration in their respective knowledge and technology fields such as Functional Safety, Electrical Engineering, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, they have knowledge of COSHH, LOLER, DSEAR and ATEX, and Les our MD and Principal Consultant is also IOSH qualified for the Noise Assessment of machinery.
For ‘End User’ clients we offer services such as:
• Pre-delivery CE Mark and standards compliance validation of machinery - either before or during factory acceptance testing,
• Formal machinery-based risk assessments (not the same as a task-based risk assessment),
• PUWER assessments.
• We can support the CE Marking of newly created ‘complex assemblies’, and the re-CE Marking of machinery that has been substantially modified or manufactured ‘in-house’, as any machines built ‘in-house’ for the end-user’s own use – still require a CE mark…
For Machine Builders and OEM’s, our services include:
• Initial machinery design and standards compliance support,
• Post design assessments,
• Final compliance assessment for the CE Marking of new machinery, or re-CE Marking of machinery that has been ‘substantially modified’ or refurbished under the scope of the Machinery Directive.
Please come and talk to us to see how we could help you keep your machinery and equipment safe and compliant, and more importantly, how we can help keep your people safe at work….
So exactly how safe and compliant are your machines?